Part 1 - Personal Information
Why do we collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information
To enable First Title to provide title insurance services and for FMS to provide mortgage processing and loan servicing services to you or your lender, we need to collect personal information about you or have other parties collect it on our behalf. Your lender, mortgage broker, legal representative/conveyancer or agent may disclose personal information about you to us in order to provide you or your lender with requested products and services.
The personal information we collect about you from your lender, the existing lender (where there is a refinance), your broker, your agent, your legal representative/conveyancer or you directly will only be relevant to the business relationship we have with you or your lender or representative and will be used to provide you or your lender or representative with title insurance and mortgage processing and loan servicing services.
The reason First Title collects, holds, uses and discloses your personal information is:
- to assess the risk of providing title insurance to you or your lender;
- for the subsequent administration or variation of the title insurance policy;
- for reporting and enforcement activities in circumstances where we are required to report on claims to other parties or organisations which are part of the First Title Group;
- for claim recovery action in circumstances where First Title is entitled to recover its loss as a result of making payment on a claim;
- to deal with claims and to enforce a loan in place of a lender if First Title pays out an insurance claim on the lender’s loan;
- for a title insurance purpose relating to you;
- to comply with legislative and regulatory requirements under the Privacy Act 1998 and Insurance Contracts Act 1984 as amended from time to time;
- to improve your experience when you use our products and/or services.
The kind of personal information we collect and hold
The kind of personal information First Title collects and holds about you includes, but may not be limited to:
- personal information about you contained in a conveyancer’s, lender’s file or you provide to enable First Title to provide title insurance services to you or to your lender.
any other information we think is necessary to do business with you. The kind of personal information FMS collects and holds about you includes, but may not be limited to:
- personal information about your financial arrangements when you apply for a loan from your lender and will include information like the loan amount, credit information, security property and other relevant loan information or details of your existing loan where this is being refinanced by your lender; and
- any other information we think is necessary to do business with you.
- The kind of personal information we collect and hold about you includes information that identifies you like your name, address, telephone number, email, security property, purchase price, loan amount, assets and liabilities, transaction history and other contact details.